murb.com Hauptseite  •   Registrieren  •  SUCHE  •  FAQ  •  Mitgliederliste  •  Forenregeln  •  Login
Neue Antwort erstellen start language
start language
magus
Antworten mit Zitat
After surfing all the internet I didnt find any other place with this knowledge of icq, so, although I can understand any german, maybe somebody here can help me.

I handle a public library in Spain with computers with free internet access. Since I receive people from different countries I need to have ICQ in different languages, the process to change the language is difficult if you dont understand the language in wich ICQ is set at this moment.
So what I need is to have different shortcuts on the desktop, that start ICQ in the desired language. I mean one shortcut that starts icq in English, another shortcut that starts it in German, and so on for 5 or 6 different languages.

I dont know if this is possible via command line parameters, a script or any of the tools offered in murb.com.

Can anybody help me?

Thankyou and best regards.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenAlle Beiträge von magus anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
PainT
Administrator
Antworten mit Zitat
I moved your post to English section.

An easy way to launch ICQ in different languages would be a pre-saved collection of the ICQ preferences. For example like this:
1. Start ICQ
2. Select a language you want to offer
3. After ICQ applied it close ICQ (make sure to shutdown it completely)
4. Go to %AppData%\ICQ, copy file Application.qdb and rename it e.g. to Application_en.qdb
5. Repeat step 1-4 for all languages

Now you have for each language a separate settings file. The final step would be a script which copies and renames the settings file with the chosen language and runs ICQ afterwards.

Let me know if you need additional help.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenAlle Beiträge von PainT anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenICQ-Nummer
Thanks
magus
Antworten mit Zitat
This can be enough for the purpose I want.

Thankyou and best regards.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenAlle Beiträge von magus anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
magus
Antworten mit Zitat
Sorry....

I couldn't find any Application.qdb file

I searched the full harddisk for any .qdb file and got nothing.

The icq version is 7M Build 6800.

Thanks again for your help
PainT
Administrator
Antworten mit Zitat
Open Run (Win+R) or the Windows Explorer address bar and input %AppData%\ICQ.
Make sure that hidden files and system files are visible to you (see Explorer settings). Maybe administrative privileges are usefull, too.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenAlle Beiträge von PainT anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenICQ-Nummer
magus
Antworten mit Zitat
Ok, it works, perfect.

I dont understand why the file didnt appear the first time, maybe I looked for it just after the installation, and you need to run the program at least once for the file to be generated, I dont know, anyhow, now is ok,

Thanks again
magus
Antworten mit Zitat
Let me abuse your kindness and wisdom.

When I was setting the parameters of the application, I noticed that I cannot change definetily the default folder for received files. I can change it for that session but at every restart it changes again to the default option, at my documents.
This folder, my documents, is not convenient for the type of use of this public computer.

Is it possible to change the default file transfer folder?

Thanks again
PainT
Administrator
Antworten mit Zitat
Sorry for late answer.

This setting is saved user specific in the file Owner.qdb (in folder with user UIN). So it will be set to default for each user. I don't know if that can be chanced in ICQ somewhere without modifying it.

If possible, you can chance the default my documents folder (e.g. via registry) to another path with writing access.
start language
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde  
Seite 1 von 1  

Neue Antwort erstellen