murb.com Hauptseite  •   Registrieren  •  SUCHE  •  FAQ  •  Mitgliederliste  •  Forenregeln  •  Login
Neue Antwort erstellen Annoying bug
Annoying bug
ICQdebug
Gast
Antworten mit Zitat
Hello everyone!

Due to some annoying tiny bug i decided to update ICQ 7.6 build 5620 to newer version ICQ7M build 6800 (both running on Win7 x64 in Vista SP2 comp mode, with murb antibanner and update patch), but that didnt help me and i cant find out how to get rid of this annoyance. Every time i wake up my computer from sleep a tiny window is poping up on the desktop and in taskbar and i have to manually close it. I make my computer sleep several times a day, so it is pretty annoying. Computer restart or ICQ shutdown is OK. You can view a problem on attached picture. I think i havent this problem before, but it have started recently. Maybe this is some residual after welcome screen or some update progress bar, i dont know.

P.S. Im experienced user, so I can manage some intermediate solutions.
Same Problem
Gast
Antworten mit Zitat
Hi,
I'm running the same ICQ version with Banner-Remover on my 32 bit Windows 7 Laptop. The same bug occures. I can close the window, but after several houres it pops up again. At the moment I know only one other person with the same ICQ version but without an Banner-Remover on a 64-bit Win7 sytem.
(and I'm for my bad english)
PainT
Administrator
Antworten mit Zitat
Does this bug only occur if you use the Banner-Remover?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenAlle Beiträge von PainT anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenICQ-Nummer
ICQdebug
Gast
Antworten mit Zitat
I haven't tried fresh ICQ installation yet, but returning to default settings via antibanner had no positive effect. But i can try fresh installation on other computer if needed.
ICQdebug
Gast
Antworten mit Zitat
Btw. now i have another problem. Im receiving the same offline messages from my contacts for over and over again. More of that, Im receiving all of them since 11.9.2012, when the last big crash was. I suppose that ICQ message exchange server is failing somehow and is still sending cashed messages. Never the less I have cleanly reinstalled ICQ, but naturally that didnt help me... Does anybody has some news around the topic or the same problem?
PainT
Administrator
Antworten mit Zitat
Try ot delete your message history (Messages.qdb file) and login one time with another client (e.g. Web-ICQ).
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenAlle Beiträge von PainT anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenICQ-Nummer
ICQdebug
Gast
Antworten mit Zitat
I have tried switching from Vista SP2 compatibility mode to normal and then switch again to Windows XP SP2. Then i have tried logging with Web ICQ. One of those helped me. My friend had the same problem (he uses comp. mode as well) and he get rid of that issue just with Web ICQ. Thanks a lot for a great idea. (If anybody wonder why Im using ICQ in compatibility mode - bacause of ICQ taskbar button bug under Windows 7.)

Also i finally managed to get rid of popping window, mentioned above, doing some brute-force reinstallation.
Annoying bug
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde  
Seite 1 von 1  

Neue Antwort erstellen